Activities at Chobe
Choose from our selection of activities, each of which is guaranteed to enrich your Namibian experience. Two activities per day are included in your room rate.
A) 4-5 hour morning game drive through Chobe National Park by open 4x4
B) 3-4 hour morning cruise on the Chobe River along the banks of Chobe National Park
C) 3 hour afternoon safari & sunset cruise on the Chobe River along the banks of Chobe National Park
D) 3 hour afternoon cultural and sunset cruise on the Chobe and Zambezi rivers
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES
Apart from activities included in Room Rates the following excursions can be reserved at the Lodge’s Adventure & Activity Desk located in the Library Lounge. All below based on minimum of 2 passengers unless otherwise stated.
- Cultural Tour: A 3-hour Namibian Village Tour to Kasenu Village at Kabulabula in the Caprivi – a boat cruise along the Chobe River following the Namibian shoreline to this typical village built around an ancient Baobab tree. Includes Soft Drinks and Bottled Water.
- Cultural Tour: A 3-hour Impalila Island Cultural Village Tour – a boat cruise in the opposite direction towards the Zambezi River to this Namibian Island with a colorful and interesting history at a location where 4 countries meet – Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Botswana. Includes Soft Drinks and Bottled Water.
- Victoria Falls: A full day 6-hour tour by road to Victoria Falls. Includes all transfers, tour of the Falls, lunch at the Falls Restaurant and visit to the Craft Market. Excludes drinks at Lunch and Visa Fees. (Minimum 4 passengers)
- Fishing Charter: Specialised and tailored 3 hour Fishing charters using custom designed fishing boats and guided by river/fishing professionals. Includes Soft Drinks, Bottled Water and Fishing Tackle. Lost / damaged tackle to be paid for. A Maximum 3 passengers or Rods per boat.
- Photographic River Safaris: Specialised and tailored 3 hour Photographic River Safaris using custom designed photographic boats guided by internationally renowned photographers. Includes loan Cameras, free 4GB card, Park Fees, Soft Drinks and Bottled Water. A maximum of 8 passengers per boat with a total of 16 in 2 boats.
Activities included in the Room Rates
Morning Game Drive
Morning 4 - 5 hour open 4x4 Game Drive Safari into Chobe National Park (8h00am - 12h00pm / 13h00pm) including Park Fees, Tea, Coffee, Biscuits or Rusks and Bottled Water
Morning Chobe River Safari
Morning 3 - 4 hour Chobe River Safari along the banks of the Chobe National Park (8h00am - 11h00am / 12h00pm) including Park Fees, Tea, Coffee, Biscuits or Rusks and Bottled Water.
Afternoon Chobe River Safari
Afternoon 3 - 4 hour Chobe River Safari along the banks of the Chobe National Park (15h30pm - 18h30pm) including Park Fees, Snacks, Soft Drinks, Local Spirits, Beers, Wines and Bottled Water.
Afternoon Boat Cruise on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
Afternoon 3 hour Boat Cruise on both the Chobe and Zambezi Rivers including the historic Kasai Channel and Impalila Island along the shores of Botswana, Namibia and Zambia (15h30pm - 18h30pm). Includes Snacks, Soft Drinks, Local Spirits, Beers, Wines and Bottled Water.